Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update from the road: Arapahoe

Story and photo by Bruce Thorson

June 25, 2009, Arapahoe, Neb: "I’ve been broke twice in my lifetime," said Alton Bossung, 70. "I had to crawl on my hands and knees but I came back," he said as he mowed his front yard Thursday evening as the weather cooled. In the background is Faw's Garage, a Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge truck dealership. Faw's is losing its Chrysler Dodge franchise, but it will not be closing. Calvin Faw will continue to keep the garage open for vehicle repairs and to sell other vehicles. Bossung, who farmed for about 30 years, has worked the last six years for Cargill, dealing in fertilizer and grain. About the economy and its effects in Arapahoe, "We don't notice it right now in these smaller towns. Cargill has had the best year it ever had," he said as he chuckled a little.

2 comments:

  1. Faw's garage will not be closing, it just won't be a chrysler dealership. Get your facts straight

    ReplyDelete